Our primary goal is to expand our international Blankids campaign to other schools and learning institutions in San Diego, CA.
To realize our dream of involving American children in something as meaningful as helping other children, we need the support of our community. We need local schools (and other learning institutions) to open their doors for Blankids campaign. This could be done in the framework of a Global Awareness class/club, or global community service.
In the framework of a class/club, CHCI will:
- pair the school with the orphanage of student’s choice in the country of student’s choice;
- teach the students how to make no-sew blankets and oversee the making of the blankets at every session (if needed);
- monitor the progression of Blankids campaign from inception to completion;
- facilitate the delivery of the blankets to the orphanage;
- ensure the students will receive self-made Thank-You cards containing thank-you(s), personal stories, drawings and photographs.